[c-nsp] IOS XR PIC (+ multipath)

Adam Vitkovsky adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Wed Jan 9 07:22:21 EST 2013

Thank you so much Oli

> assuming you are referring to multipath-protect
I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear -now that I understand -I don't really
need the multipath-protect feature.
What I was actually discouraged to use because of the lack of real-world
deployment was the: backup-path + multipath features - i.e. using both
commands: "additional-paths selection route-policy" + "maximum-paths eibgp"
in particular.
I'm interested in the above combination because I'll give us the best of
both worlds, load-sharing for equal cost paths thus implicit backup as well
as backup path for prefixes with single best path.

>, the only real loop situation I know is when you use per-vrf labels.
I see, well we are using the default per prefix allocation mode, even in the
inet vrf as we only have a small subset of full feeds in there, so we don't
really need to worry about excessive label waste there or any loops for that
matter

> I would consider best-external a safe and required feature to achieve fast
convergence in active/standby scenarios.
So do I, I guess the SE folks are just scared of "new" things

Yeah the Cisco Live,
We can't attend this year unfortunately. Any chance your presentation is
going to be one of the online webex sessions?

adam