[c-nsp] Link State Periodic SPF

Dhamija Amit amiitdhamija at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 21:02:57 EST 2013

Hi

I would like to know about Link state Periodic SPF's , I have seen in Cisco IOS-XR and Juniper M/T -Series ( Junos) by default Periodic SPF runs every 15 minutes.

Going to concept of SPF whenever there is change in topology router runs SPF based on SPF interval configured. Also when LSP/LSA refreshes after certain period then during that time also router executes SPF's.Then what is the purpose of periodic SPF's . Can we disable the same , What kind of impact will be there ??

Thanks,
Amit Dhamija