[c-nsp] VPN on 7200

Richard Clayton sledge121 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 17:07:15 EST 2013

You could forget supporting the VPN on the 7200 and run an openvpn
tunnel between a Linux host at the site and one where you are, a simple p2p
would work between the two servers (I use an inexpensive Linux plug server
as its only management traffic), it would be secure as far as the wan is
concerned but insecure from server to 7200 across the LAN.
If you wanted to go mobile with your laptop as the VPN client you could set
a Linux server local to the 7200 in p2p cert server mode and use an Openvpn
Windows client with generated certs.

Thanks
Sledge