[c-nsp] list wisdom please, Cisco switches

Alex Pressé alex.presse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 10:30:57 EST 2013

Sounds like a job for 3560X series switches (expansion modules allow for
2x10G sfp+ ). You could probably get them for better than $1300 if all you
need is LANBase. Unfortunately, those 10Gbe cards are about the same price.
Modular power supplies, too.

Using private VLANs should make quick work of keeping traffic separate.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/data_sheet_c78-584733.html

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 7:53 PM, Andrew Miehs <andrew at 2sheds.de> wrote:

> The reason I suggested the 2960s is as I would probably not do layer3 to
> the edge - it would probably be too expensive . Does IPv6 with 24x SVIs and
> CoPP work on a ME3600? I may use something like an ME though if John is
> using MPLS... Really depends on what the rest of the network looks like,
> what features they really require and how much money they want to spend.
>
> Andrew

Alex Presse
"How much net work could a network work if a network could net work?"