[c-nsp] mpls ip creating traffic disturbance(s)

Eric A Louie elouie at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 13:26:30 EST 2013

Tim - the default mtu is 1500.  According to "sh ip int", the mtu is 1500
already.

cmt#sh ip int
FastEthernet1/0 is up, line protocol is up
  Internet address is 10.250.200.230/30
  Broadcast address is 255.255.255.255
  Address determined by non-volatile memory
  MTU is 1500 bytes

But when I show mpls int fa1/0 det the output is

Interface FastEthernet1/0:
        IP labeling enabled (ldp):
          Interface config
        LSP Tunnel labeling not enabled
        BGP tagging not enabled
        Tagging operational
        Optimum Switching Vectors:
          IP to MPLS Turbo Vector
          MPLS Turbo Vector
        Fast Switching Vectors:
          IP to MPLS Fast Switching Vector
          MPLS Turbo Vector
        MTU = 1524

Unfortunately, this output is from a c7206 running 12.4 and not an ME-3600X
running 15.2

 Much appreciated, Eric