[c-nsp] Cat 6500 vs ASR

Pete Lumbis alumbis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 15:28:55 EST 2013

I think the problem is that the devil is in the details.

Both boxes will support most of the same features (VPLS, NAT, Netflow,
QoS). For every feature listed here there are caveats that need to be kept
in mind when comparing the boxes (ex. for NAT 6k punts the first packet to
built state, ASR1k doesn't. ASR1k will scale to larger NAT table sizes).

-Pete