[c-nsp] advertise best-external

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Tue Jan 22 09:21:23 EST 2013

>I know I mentioned this one on the list earlier
>But I just want to put the rumors to the rest once and forever
>
>So is it alright to configure the "advertise best-external" on all PEs
>under
>the vpnv4 address-family?
>Or do I need to be worried about some weird loop voodoo?
>And thus "advertise best-external" is supposed to be configured only per
>VRF
>and only on the PE with the secondary link for the particular VRF to avoid
>loops?

yes, it's ok to enable it for all vrfs (i.e. within the vpnv4
address-family config). Not aware of any particular loops triggered by
this.

Enabling it on a per-vrf basis on the standby only wouldn't be too
practical, active/standby can be as granular as per prefix, so PE-a could
be standby for some prefixes and PE-b for others.. so global config for
all VRFs is the practical config..

	oli