[c-nsp] stp on me3600 on efp's with locally connected older switch

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Thu Jan 24 12:17:42 EST 2013

Need to run stp on me3600 on efp and peer out that interface with older
cisco 4500.  Here's what I did..

ME3600 #sh run in g0/22

interface GigabitEthernet0/22

switchport trunk allowed vlan none

switchport mode trunk

service instance 675 ethernet

  encapsulation dot1q 675

  rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric

  l2protocol peer stp

  bridge-domain 675

ME3600 #sh span vl 675

Spanning tree instance(s) for vlan 675 does not exist.

.4500 that this me3600 is connected to is showing. (no rcv'd bpdu's)

4506#sh span in g6/22

Vlan             Role Sts Cost      Prio.Nbr Type

---------------- ---- --- --------- --------
--------------------------------

VLAN0675         Desg FWD 4         128.342  P2p

4506#sh span in g6/22 de | in BPDU

   BPDU: sent 218, received 0

4506#sh run in g6/22

interface GigabitEthernet6/22

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport trunk allowed vlan 675

switchport mode trunk

And if anyone has any suggestions about designing loop prevention via
me3600's when I'm connecting legacy vlans over vpls via my mpls cloud then
fire away.

Aaron