[c-nsp] bridge domain issues on ME3600X

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 15:58:36 EST 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to configure some fairly simple EVC setup with a bridge
domain on a ME3600X running 15.3(1)S:

interface GigabitEthernet0/4
 description RB Test Service Test_666
 switchport trunk allowed vlan none
 switchport mode trunk
 service-policy output PM-INT-1G-OUT
 service instance 666 ethernet
  encapsulation dot1q 20 second-dot1q 666
  rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
  service-policy input PM-CUST-DSCP-1M-IN
  service-policy output PM-CUST-QOS-1M-OUT
  bridge-domain 17

interface GigabitEthernet0/2
 description RB Test Service Test_666
 switchport trunk allowed vlan none
 switchport mode trunk
 service-policy output PM-INT-1G-OUT
 service instance 666 ethernet
  encapsulation dot1q 10 second-dot1q 666
  rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
  service-policy input PM-CUST-DSCP-1M-IN
  service-policy output PM-CUST-QOS-1M-OUT

if I try to add bridge domain to second service instance it fails:
accr01cgr(config-if-srv)#int gi0/2
accr01cgr(config-if)# service instance 666 ethernet
accr01cgr(config-if-srv)#bridge-domain 17
Invalid EFP Config: conflict with existing efp configuration
Invalid EFP config: egress filtering beyond 2nd vlan in packet is not supported
GigabitEthernet0/2 service instance 666: Unable to add to bridge-domain 17

All I'm trying to do is strip the outer tags (10 and 20) and the allow
for communication on 666). There is no other configuration on those
interfaces.

This setup works if I strip both tags on ingress. The downside is that
if do that I lose the CoS bits. Is there a way of preserving the inner
VLAN tag with an EVC and bridge domain?

kind regards
Pshem