[c-nsp] Cat6500 odd arp behavior

Vinny_Abello at Dell.com Vinny_Abello at Dell.com
Fri Jan 25 17:18:16 EST 2013

mls qos is enabled. As others have eluded to, this seems to be related to CoPP caviats on this platform.

Thanks for the suggestions.

-Vinny

-----Original Message-----
From: David Prall [mailto:dcp at dcptech.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 3:45 PM
To: Abello, Vinny; andrew at 2sheds.de
Cc: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: RE: [c-nsp] Cat6500 odd arp behavior

I'd say you don't have "mls qos" configured, which is required for CoPP.
But, don't go turning it on without researching your entire config. Because
all of sudden Trust will be disabled and everything will be remarked to DSCP
0 by default. At least that is how it used to be, think that is still true.

Nothing should be rate limiting ARP's, unless of course CoPP is being done
in SW and the CPU just can't get it done. Which it is being done in SW
without mls qos configured. I will assume that "sh proc cpu sort" shows
nothing. What about "remote command switch show proc cpu sort"

David

--
http://dcp.dcptech.com

AgPoliced-By