[c-nsp] High CPU ME3600-X

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon Jan 28 11:35:53 EST 2013

On (2013-01-28 11:07 -0500), Jason Lixfeld wrote:

> > We find that a planned outage, with advance customer warning, works
> > just fine. YMMV.
>
> This is 2013.  If this was 1998, I'd agree with your disagreement.

In which platform does ISSU work reliably? At least we and I know several
others have banned ISSU in their MX routers as it is source of many dodgy
issues.
In CAT4500 switches I hear it works quite well.

But even when it does work, ISSU often means seconds of outage, this is not
something we can do without maintenance window announcement anyhow, so it's
rather unclear what exactly are the benefits.
If it would be sub 50ms and it would work reliably, I'd love to use it.

--
  ++ytti