[c-nsp] stp on me3600 on efp's with locally connected older switch

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Mon Jan 28 18:05:20 EST 2013

Nick Hilliard <nick at foobar.org> writes:

> there's no 128 vlan limit - it's a spanning tree topology limit of 128
> instances for pvrst.  If you need more than 128 different topologies in a
> your network, your network would probably benefit from a redesign.  And if
> you want to use all 4094 vlans on your 3560, there's no problem doing so.

Does that actually help? Does a 3560 merge multiple VLANs into a single
topology if they happen to use the same ports everywhere?

When I first hit the 128 VLAN limit on a 3560G I was a bit shocked and
decided to go with Q-in-Q to get around it. Then I hit the buffer limits
and switched away from Cisco.

/Benny