[c-nsp] Finding source of ISIS authentication failure

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 11:41:56 EDT 2013

This one has me and TAC stumped. Let's say you have a 7600 with multiple
devices connected to it running ISIS. One of them has the wrong
authentication key, so you see a bunch of this in the logs:

%CLNS-4-AUTH_FAIL: ISIS: LSP authentication failed

How do you find out what neighbor is causing that? We have not found any
show command or debug command, either ISIS or CLNS, that would show us the
source of the problem. This is very easy in OSPF, but it's starting to look
pretty dang hard to do with ISIS.

Does anyone know what ninja commands or procedure I need to find the source
of ISIS authentication failures from the router CLI?

Thanks,
John