[c-nsp] Finding source of ISIS authentication failure

daniel.dib at reaper.nu daniel.dib at reaper.nu
Mon Jul 1 13:33:33 EDT 2013

When testing on 12.4 code I get the following from debug isis
adj-packets and debug isis authentication information:

ISIS-Adj: Rec
L2 IIH from c201.0d84.0000 (FastEthernet0/0), cir type L1L2, cir id
0000.0000.0002.01, length 1497
ISIS-AuthInfo: Packet failed the md5
check, 1497 bytes, type 16
ISIS-Adj: Authentication failed

So the MAC
address and interface is recorded. Don't you have these debugs or do
your debugs not show this information?

Best regards,

Daniel Dib

CCIE #37149

> This box is
running 12.2(33)SRC code. The TAC engineer and I haven't really
> found
a good way to find what we're looking for. I have found some debugs

that confirm that we're having an authentication problem but they also

don't show the source of the problem. Not even an interface.

Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 10:17 AM, Alan Buxey <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk>
wrote:

>> Hi Odd. Unless the 7600 is missing a whole load of things
then you shouldn't have any issues running the standard debug commands
for ISIS...I certainly did to find source of an issue onour 6500. This
was on SXI release of 12.2(18) or such.. we're on 15.x now alan