[c-nsp] CISCO ME3600X ARP ISSUE

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Wed Jul 3 12:30:42 EDT 2013

you mentioned...

> Cisco ME3600X is not responding to Patton ARP request so Patton is
> losing ip connectivity since is thinking that Default Gateway is down.

...but i see in this wireshark sniff "ARP_WS-C2960G-8TC-L.pcapng" frame
number 14 that the cisco (i assume it's the me3600) does in fact arp reply
to the patton...

00 21 d7 cb 69 c1 - sender mac - cisco says i am 46.245.137.1

00 a0 ba 05 ad c3 - target mac - patton - 46.245.137.3

to prove that the cisco me3600 is sending this maybe you could...

sh interface | in bia

look for "0021.d7cb.69c1"

Aaron