[c-nsp] NTP message sent to 224.0.1.1, from interface 'NULL' (0.0.0.0).

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Thu Jul 4 05:17:55 EDT 2013

Pete Lumbis wrote:
> It sounds like NTP may be "stuck" in broadcast mode for some reason. I'd
> suggest either calling TAC or issuing "no ntp" to completely disable the
> service then reconfigure the ntp server commands.

Resetting the ntp process by issuing "no ntp" and then reapplying the
"ntp server" lines did help.

However, when I apply the following command to the interface:

interface GigabitEthernet0/0
 ntp multicast ttl 1

the routers again begins sending multicast NTP packets with ttl=28.

What gives?

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru