[c-nsp] IOS XR and router rib rump always-replicate

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Jul 5 16:16:58 EDT 2013

On Wednesday, March 06, 2013 09:26:51 AM Mikael Abrahamsson
wrote:

> How is multicast supposed to work without PIM?
>
> What Gert was talking about was "Internet" multicast, ie
> multicast between ISPs. Watching NASA multicast streams
> for instance (I did this at my university in ~1995).
> Very few commercial ISPs support this.

And this is why moving to NG-MVPN (or BGP-MVPN as Juniper
call it these days) may help re-ignite simplicity in inter-
AS Multicast networking - not that I expect this to ever
work; Multicast is simply one of those applications you keep
inside your own AS, most of the time :-).

Mark.