[c-nsp] BGP route won't advertise

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Jul 5 16:18:22 EDT 2013

On Thursday, March 07, 2013 08:06:59 AM Mattias Gyllenvarg
wrote:

> In our design, which I have not seen anyone else do, we
> have many communities per prefix that has an individual
> purpose each.

We do this to a very small extent, like when we want a
router to only learn a specific set of routes because it
shouldn't be forwarding traffic to any other destinations,
e.g., announce only the prefix that our NOC lives on to the
blackhole routers since all those routers do is signal RTBH
routes, and don't need to see any other (internal) routes.

Communities are powerful.

Mark.