[c-nsp] MPLS down to the CPE

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 06:33:36 EDT 2013

XR supports it in the latest revision, didn't know about the 3600
support. I guess this is the C-NSP list. We have thousands of non-Cisco
nodes deployed using RSVP-TE in the access layer but it requires
stitching at the service layer to scale. It has shown to be scalable at
least for us.

One thing starting to come back is the use of unnumbered interfaces and
Cisco has some auto-IP stuff via LLDP to help with ring deployments. L2
makes ring insertions somewhat easier.

Unified/Seamless MPLS has been around for years and would be ideal but
the end nodes have traditionally had poor BGP support. The agg nodes
will do BGP-LU to LDP translation but the LFIB capacity is fairly
small. Requires using something like LDP DOD to really work. The nodes
support using an aggregate or default prefix for the LDP IGP route.