[c-nsp] Cisco 6500 mounting with cables

Chris Knipe savage at savage.za.org
Mon Jul 8 09:10:11 EDT 2013

I have to replace a faulty fan tray on a *almost* fully populated 6513
(10/100/1000 line cards).  That, was fun, I tell you.

We ran cables left and right, but all servers was channel bonded
(split between left & right), so we could remove all cables required
and replace the fan tray without any disruption.  Took a ton of work
though :-(

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 3:01 PM, Alan Buxey <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:
> Interesting kit.  Regarding fan unit -  have had plenty of blade/sup swaps and failures. .. no fan tray (now I've said that. ......) the only time we had a fan swap was for a wholesale upgrade to e-series so ALL kit got taken out.
>
> alan

Regards,
Chris Knipe