[c-nsp] BGP export map question for IOS XR

puck-nsp at interworld.net puck-nsp at interworld.net
Wed Jul 10 18:14:37 EDT 2013

We have a SP that doesnt seem to be able to get their BGP export maps correct to us and I am trying to assist them by writing the map that does what I want and ten sending it to them, but I am not an IOSXR  expert.  The good news is that I am sure there is someone here who can help me out.

What is needed is,  I need the SP to send me all of their local routes, aggregated of course,  customer routes and customer attached routes across our gigE peering connection.   They have 4 different ASs internally from acquisitions.  I do not want their transit routes (1299,3356,701) as I have my own transit that I prefer and while they send me these free routes, they have their own congestion issues that I dont have with my transit.

Currently they are sending me about 80k routes and they are sending me all routes that are /22 and greater which pushes most of the local routes to transit as they dont export to me because they are smaller than /22.

Given all this, when done, I should see about  16k routes from the SP, from 4 different ASs internally  perhaps I will see them as  65555 65552 or I may see routes from 65555 and also from 65552 as originating AS. I am expecting to see lots of /27,/28 routes, but that takes care of their customers that are being exported into bgp from their ospf.

Thanks in advance

Ralph