[c-nsp] vrf-lite routing

Dan Letkeman danletkeman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 20:45:33 EDT 2013

The current network is routed via EIGRP, but also has a lot of vlan's
trunked everywhere...its an STP nightmare with various ISP's providing
service via fiber, and a host of wireless bridges, that are any where from
10-40 miles....  My though was to use tunnel's and vrf-lite instead of
trunking vlan's everywhere, but from what I am hearing, GRE tunnels are not
going to perform.  I have this working in a test network and it's working
well.  Other than I have not tried a performance test.

They do want separation on some of the networks, but not all.  I have done
this in the past with access lists and vlan's but its a pain.  Is there any
other way to segregate the traffic on routed network?

Ideally they should have a router at each location and not a switch.

Dan.