[c-nsp] Output queues - access vs. trunk

Jerry Bacon jerryb at startouch.com
Fri Jul 19 22:57:37 EDT 2013

I have a 4948-10GE connected to a 2960G by a microwave radio link. We are testing with a Fluke One Touch AT.

When the the ports facing the radios are in access mode, everything is good, but when they are in trunk mode (which we need), we get 2 - 3% packet loss at small packet sizes (high packet rates). We've tracked it down to output queue drops, but I don't understand why it's different for access vs. trunk.

Any ideas? And would QOS tuning be likely to help?

Thanks.

--
Jerry Bacon
Senior Network Engineer