[c-nsp] ASA Policy locked under NAT section in CSM 3.3

Farooq Razzaque farooq_mcp at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 21 06:43:47 EDT 2013

Dear Friends

I m getting the following error in ASA in CSM whenever i m clicking on
Address Pools,Translation Options & Translation Rules under NAT section.

This data for this policy is locked by activity/user:
<abc>.

After couple of restart and performing steps in the following links (Locked
Devices section) above error disappear but i m still having the following
issue.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14307#222_Locked_devices

Whenever i m adding any entry in the following sections of NAT, that entry is
not appearing in the particular section. I can add entries in other sections
like Access rules, AAA rules etc

I think policy is still locking under NAT section.

Under NAT section in device view

Address Pools
Translation options
Translatoin Rules

CSM version is 3.3

When i m performing device discovery for the device (ASA), i m getting the
following error.

Description

Discovery was unable to proceed because of the following policies locked by
another user or activity

PG.PLATFORM.PixSshPage

Action

To Identify why each policy is locked, select the policy in the "Device
view". The user or activity locking the policy will appear in a banner. once the
locs are freed, discovery can be perfromed. For more information  on locking,
Please see the CS Manager Help.