[c-nsp] IOS - how do I use vlanTrunkPortSetSerialNo when changing allowed vlans on a trunk via SNMP?

BRIDGSTOCK, Jonathon Jonathon.BRIDGSTOCK at suncorp.com.au
Tue Jul 23 18:38:27 EDT 2013

Hi,

I’ve been asked to automate a bunch of stuff, including the ability to trunk vlans through a network; I’ve been told I have to use SNMP for the IOS devices.

I’ve got working scripts which will pull the allowed vlans via the OID vlanTrunkPortVlansEnabled and do all the unpacking, bit changing and re-packing, but I have no idea when it comes to using the vlanTrunkPortSetSerialNo “spinner lock”.

Does anyone have any examples of how this would work?  I’ve done some searching, but I cannot find an example or good description of the steps required to use the TestandIncr syntax.

Cheers,

Jon.

This e-mail is sent by Suncorp Group Limited ABN 66 145 290 124 or one of its related entities "Suncorp".
Suncorp may be contacted at Level 18, 36 Wickham Terrace, Brisbane or on 13 11 55 or at suncorp.com.au.
The content of this e-mail is the view of the sender or stated author and does not necessarily reflect the view of Suncorp. The content, including attachments, is a confidential communication between Suncorp and the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this e-mail, including attachments, is unauthorised and expressly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please contact the sender immediately and delete the e-mail and any attachments from your system.