[c-nsp] MPLS down to the CPE

Adam Vitkovsky adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Thu Jul 25 08:04:38 EDT 2013

I see so the islands are stitched together over the CsC L3VPN, since all
islands have the same AS together they act like a common AS.
And the CsC L3VPN is provided by the underlying common backbone
Inter-AS-MPLS optC style.
Right?

So all access nodes within a particular island have RSVP-TE tunnels to
ABRs/ASBRs within the island (ASBRs than provide connectivity to other
islands).
And there's a full mesh of tunnels between all ASBRs.
Right?

I'd like to ask is there a full mesh of iBGP sessions between the ASBRs or
some of the ASBRs have a role of RRs please?

So you have decided to create this sort of overlay AS dedicated for L2
services.
I think I understand your reasoning behind the setup and must say it's very
bold and creative.

See this is what I was talking about before, back in the old days engineers
would have to get very creative and bold to create something extraordinary
with such a limited set of features. With today's boxes you could all stack
it up into a single AS not ever worrying about scalability or convergence
times.

Thank you very much for sharing the design with us

adam