[c-nsp] ME3800X/ME3600X/ME3600X-24CX/ASR903/ASR901 Deployment Simplification Feedback

Adam Vitkovsky adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Fri Jul 26 09:47:28 EDT 2013

>>  However, in order to turn on 250 MDT routes,
>> we have to drop the IPv4 routes down to 12,000.

> A reasonable use-case for a larger FIB in this platform family :-).

We've gone through the same disappointment so I'm waiting for the
mLDP/NG-MVPN support.
Yes however the bigger FIB would be much appreciated.

Regarding the lack of 10GigE ports + 1GigE ports density, my first question
when I saw this platform was: Is it stackable?
It would be great if the new version of X(CX) is stackable.
Yes so far we use 2x CX to redundantly connect a 10GE ring to the city POP.
However we don't really need CES everywhere so stacking two X-es together
would be a better solution with a lot more GigE ports.

adam