[c-nsp] Label still appearing in traceroute after disabling ttl propagation

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 14:20:29 EDT 2013

I guess I should rephrase. We have configured "mpls ip-ttl-propagate
disable" to try to hide the labeled part of the path. For whatever reason,
we always get something like the following:
CE1#trace 10.6.10.1 source lo0
Type escape sequence to abort.
Tracing the route to 10.6.10.1
VRF info: (vrf in name/id, vrf out name/id)
  1 192.168.105.50 0 msec 0 msec 0 msec
  2 192.168.62.2 [MPLS: Label 16018 Exp 0] 4 msec 0 msec 0 msec
  3 192.168.62.60 0 msec 0 msec 0 msec
  4 192.168.106.61 4 msec *  0 msec
CE1#
If I trace from CE1 to the loopback of PE2, which is the same path, it
works as expected and the labeled part of the path is hidden:

CE5#trace 10.6.1.1 source lo0
Type escape sequence to abort.
Tracing the route to 10.6.1.1
VRF info: (vrf in name/id, vrf out name/id)
  1 192.168.105.50 4 msec 0 msec 0 msec
  2 192.168.62.60 0 msec *  0 msec