[c-nsp] Equivalent of "ip multicast boundary" on N7k for blocking data packets?

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Mon Jun 3 16:44:52 EDT 2013

At 01:08 PM 6/3/2013  Monday, Phil Mayers clamored:
>How can I accomplish the equivalent of the "boundary" on NX-OS 5.2
>for N7k, given it lacks the command? Does one just use a normal ACL,
>and if so, are there any caveats to doing so e.g. does "boundary" do
>*other* things that a plain ACL would miss?

In n7k, you must use a combination of control plane & data plane
filtering to get the equivalent functionality of multicast boundary.

For data plane, it's nothing more than ip access-group with matches
on multicast traffic.

For control plane, there is independent filtering control for each
protocol, ie, PIM, IGMP, MSDP, etc.

Hope that helps,
Tim

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Distinguished Technical Marketing Engineer, Cisco Nexus 7000
Cisco - http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759