[c-nsp] PWHE vs BVI on Bridge Domain - l2vpn ios xr

Aaron aaron1 at gvtc.com
Thu Jun 6 17:36:53 EDT 2013

>From a previous post, I got curious about PWHE since I didn't know what it
was.

I looked at someone's config and read a little about it on cisco.com.

It seems that what I'm reading about PWHE and what I saw in a previous
config of a previous post, I've used a construct of l2vpn, bridge group,
bridge domain, neighbors for pw's, and bvi for L3 to accomplish a similar
function as what someone else used with xconnect groups, p2p xconnects,
interfacelists, and PW interface for L3

Why would I use one method over the other?

Aaron