[c-nsp] 7204VXR reboots

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sat Jun 8 08:55:49 EDT 2013

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 08, 2013 at 02:50:49PM +0200, Sidney Boumendil wrote:
> This is the promise of IOS 15.0 which comes with what Cisco calls IOS
> "componentization". The same code for example for multicast support should
> offer predictable behaviour on all hardware platform. Until there,
> deploying a new features was a real nightmare across several platforms.

Interesting, and good news, but I'm not really seeing evidence of this -
15.0(M) is available for about the same (software forwarding) platforms
as 12.4T, and all hardware forwarding platforms still have their own
IOS trains (15.0S, 15.1SY, etc...)

So how is this working?  15.0M already has all the niceness, and the
hardware BUs are not picking it up?  From the feature lists and such,
15.0S does not seem to be really close to 15.0M, much more like a renamed
12.2SRE to silence those customers that want "15.0!" on stupid-BU devices...

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de