[c-nsp] WS-C4506 dropped links which had LACP enabled under heavy load

Martin T m4rtntns at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 12:13:53 EDT 2013

Aaron,

as far as I know, keepalive frames(EtherType 0x9000) have nothing to
do with Ethernet interface "line protocol". You can connect two ports
with keepalive frames disabled, but you'll still see the "line
protocol" up. Cisco "line protocol" should be "link integrity check"
signals sent by Ethernet transceiver circuits(PHY).

regards,
Martin