[c-nsp] xconnect

Mohammad Khalil eng_mssk at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 17 02:49:44 EDT 2013

Hi

I have established the below topology
R1 - R2 - R3 - R4 - R5 - R6
Where R1 , R2 , R3 resides in AS 100 and the other routers in AS 200
I have established eBGP between R3 and R4 , OSPF is running in AS 100 between R2 , R3 and ISIS in AS 200 between R4 , R5
Then I have redistributed the R4 , R5 loopbacks in AS 100 , and vice versa for R2 , R3 loopbacks in AS 200 in order to get labels for these loopbacks
What I have reached so far (i am trying to configure xconnect between R2 and R5 with MPLS encapsulation) is the l2transport is up

R2#sh run int s2/0
interface Serial2/0
 no ip address
 no keepalive
 serial restart-delay 0
 xconnect 5.5.5.5 16 encapsulation mpls

R5#sh run int s2/0
interface Serial2/0
 no ip address
 no keepalive
 serial restart-delay 0
 xconnect 2.2.2.2 16 encapsulation mpls

R2#show mpls l2transport summary
Destination address: 5.5.5.5, total number of vc: 1
  0 unknown, 1 up, 0 down, 0 admin down, 0 recovering, 0 standby, 0 hotstandby
  1 active vc on MPLS interface Fa1/0

R5#show mpls l2transport summary
Destination address: 2.2.2.2, total number of vc: 1
  0 unknown, 1 up, 0 down, 0 admin down, 0 recovering, 0 standby, 0 hotstandby
  1 active vc on MPLS interface Fa1/0

But no connectivity between R1 and R6 , what is missing ? I have tried to change the MTU to 1504 but nothing changed

Thanks in advance

BR,