[c-nsp] ASR-9010-AC vs ASR-9010-AC-V2

Mattias Gyllenvarg mattias at gyllenvarg.se
Thu Jun 20 04:42:08 EDT 2013

One more round with google and it seems that it is the PEM that is upgraded.

• Power Entry Module and Power Supply Version 2: The new Power Entry Module
Version 2 (PEMv2) and Power Supply Version 2 for the Cisco ASR 9010 and ASR
9006 routers provide investment protection by offering increased power
efficiency and power density per Cisco ASR 9006 and ASR 9010 chassis. Cisco
PEMv2 is capable of holding up to four v2 power supplies. PEMv2 is field
upgradeable or may be configured with the Cisco ASR 9010 or ASR 9006
chassis.

As it is included in the chassie, I guess the chassie inherits the V2 from
the PEM.

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 10:12 AM, Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se>wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Jun 2013, Mattias Gyllenvarg wrote:
>
>  Dear List
>>
>> What is the difference between the chassie versions?
>>
>> Is the V2 just a hardware revision?
>>

> V2 is probably the uprated FAN array, which means you can have DWDM optics
> in all slots in a 24x10GE card.
>
> --

*Med Vänliga Hälsningar*
*Mattias Gyllenvarg*