[c-nsp] Point to Point L2VPN on ASR9K

Aleksandr Gurbo gurbo at golas.ru
Fri Jun 21 05:04:10 EDT 2013

Hi,

I have the same configuration as you describe.
asr9k ---vc--- c7201
My PW is working.

c7201#sh mpls l2transport vc 3882
Local intf     Local circuit              Dest address    VC ID      Status
-------------  -------------------------- --------------- ---------- ----------
Gi0/1.3882     Eth VLAN 3882              10.10.1.19      3882       UP

asr9k#show l2vpn bridge-domain neighbor 10.10.1.17 pw-id 3882  det
      PW Status TLV in use
        MPLS         Local                          Remote
        ------------ ------------------------------ ---------------------------
        Label        16100                          474
        Group ID     0x4e                           0x0
        Interface    Access PW                      Harmoni_23
        MTU          1500                           1500
        Control word disabled                       disabled
        PW type      Ethernet                       Ethernet
        VCCV CV type 0x2                            0x12
                     (LSP ping verification)        (LSP ping verification)
        VCCV CC type 0x6                            0x6
                     (router alert label)           (router alert label)
                     (TTL expiry)                   (TTL expiry)
        ------------ ------------------------------ ---------------------------

But I saw strange behavior when tried to setup new PW. They don`t want UP.
After change VC, - PW go to UP. I do not know what the problem was, but I can't reproduce it on the next day when I had time.
At the moment I have only one working PW between these devices.

On Fri, 21 Jun 2013 13:59:03 +0530
darshak pp <darshakpp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Im working out P2P L2VPN between ASR9K and IOS platforms. Attachment
> circuits at both ends are configured with Vlan encapsulation. On IOS
> platform (NPE-G2), PW VC type is detected as ETHERNET VLAN (type 4) and on
> ASR9K, by default it is detected as ETHERNET (type 5). I changed the
> transport mode in ASR as vlan and the type got changed to ETHERNET VLAN.
> After this change, VC comes up. But there is no communication between CE
> routers.
>
> I tried Interworking IP at both ends, then it is working. But the existing
> configurations in the IOS platforms has to be modified.
>
> Has any one experienced this problem on ASR9K? Appreciate your immediate
> response
>
> Regards,
> Darshak

Alexandr Gurbo