[c-nsp] Router & IPSEC throughput

Lars Eidsheim lhe at intellit.no
Tue Jun 25 04:47:04 EDT 2013

Hi,

I have a site-to-site VPN setup using Cisco ASA 5505 and have been quite happy with this setup. The ASAs are doing encryption for compliance only (no internet connectivity).

Our demand has risen from 100 mbit/s to 200 mbit/s throughput and because the 5505s are limited to 100 mbit/s we are looking for new units.

Does anyone have recommendation for this setup? I prefer Cisco, but a quick Google search made me look Fortigate FW60D which claims 1 GB IPSEC throughput. Another search told me the FW60D is priced at 475 USD which is tempting compared to the larger Cisco ASAs.

Thanks.

Lars Eidsheim
INTELLIT

This email has been scanned and secured by Intellit

This communication is for use by the intended recipient and contains information that may be privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure or copyrighted under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby formally notified that any dissemination, use, copying or distribution of this e-mail, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system.