[c-nsp] Drop rule at the end of CoPP conflicts with MAC learning

"Rolf Hanßen" nsp at rhanssen.de
Fri Jun 28 11:43:53 EDT 2013

Hello,

there is no explicit config (but listed by "sh policy-map control-plane"),
I now added:
  class class-default
   police cir 512000 bc 1000    conform-action transmit     exceed-action
transmit violate-action transmit

Something matches the default class but ARP still does not work.

Also tried "mls qos protocol ARP police" without success.

But what makes me crazy:
The affected Sup720 has 12.2(33)SXH

I now tried to reproduce on other devices:
Sup2T: no ARP issue, the limiter is enabled by default:
Sup720 #2 (Version 15.1(2)S): "mls rate-limit unicast cef glean" solves
the arp issue
Sup720 #3 (version 12.2(33)SXH2): it also works with "mls rate-limit
unicast cef glean" configured

Any further ideas except hardware failure, buggy software or "try
rebooting it" ?

regards
Rolf