[c-nsp] New Catalyst 6k chassis

quinn snyder snyderq at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 11:13:19 EDT 2013

per earlier emails -- this provides emulated qfp-like behaviour. i believe they use commodity silicon to provide this emulation, but exact make/manufacture escapes me.

while this is based on bu slicks -- the 4451 loses nothing with services enablement (nat, h-qos, etc). i believe that all possible services have been enabled on the box and it will still kick packets at rate. the forwarding plane will exceed the max '2gbps' license -- but the entire box has been clamped to ensure that the licensed throughput isnt exceeded.

q.

-= sent via iphone. please excuse spelling, grammar, and brevity =-