[c-nsp] IOS XR and router rib rump always-replicate

Mattias Gyllenvarg Mattias.Gyllenvarg at Bredband2.se
Wed Mar 6 03:35:33 EST 2013

That is why I addressed Oliver directly. I had a discussion with him at
Cisco Live and this came up.

The idea is too use MPLS/BGP for transport/signaling. So, no PIM on
core/dist links. Only toward Customers and Peers.

I do'nt have the details as we have not yet looked into implementing but,
as Gert pointed out, we some times experience the same issue. That PIM is
forgotten because it is the odd protocol that no one uses except on the
node that your doing disaster recovery on. So, where as always looking for
the "Keep it simple, stupid" version.

On 6 March 2013 09:26, Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se> wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Mar 2013, Mattias Gyllenvarg wrote:
>
>  I was just refering too removing PIM from within Core/Dist not inter-AS.
>>

> How is multicast supposed to work at all whereever for L3 routing without
> PIM?
>
> I'll admit I'm a bit rusty and only know about PIM-SM and PIM-SSM, what
> other methods are there for controlling routed multicast?
>

> --

*Med Vänliga Hälsningar - Best Regards*

*Mattias Gyllenvarg*
*Nätutveckling*