[c-nsp] Upgrading 12K IOS XR from 3.6 to 4.2

Grzegorz Janoszka Grzegorz at Janoszka.pl
Wed Mar 6 04:18:41 EST 2013

On 05-03-13 16:48, ibogzipper iboge wrote:
> Thanks Grzegorz,  down time window is the problem to go for 2 steps .
> rommon upgrades are in the FPD package but if i want to do the turboboot
> there is no way that i can install the new pie c12k-fpd.pie-4.2.4 on
> 3.6.2 and upgrade the rommon . is there any package that i can copy and
> upgrade the rommon like CRS .Cisco document mention about 3.x to 4.x
> with c12k-upgrade.pie-4.2.4 package but still confusing about direct 4.2
> upgrade.

I believe that according to Cisco docs and in order to have reasonably
safe software version, you need at least three full reboots plus at
least one switch-over.
The upgrade pie doesn't contain any rommon updates, they are in fpd pie.
You can't install fpd pie from 4.X onto 3.X.

--
Grzegorz Janoszka