[c-nsp] 7600/Sup3BXL CPU-MONITOR Issues

Devon True devon at noved.org
Thu Mar 7 18:19:41 EST 2013

All:

Recently several of our Sup720-3BXL modules in 7600 routers have crashed
with a %CPU_MONITOR-SP-6-NOT_HEARD error. In each crash, the RP is able
to generate a crashfile, however the SP is not. We have several TAC
cases open about these issues, but I did not know if the collective
knowledge here was aware of any issues. Since the issue has happened
across routers in different locations, we suspect a software bug at this
time.

We are running the following:

Cisco IOS Software, c7600s72033_rp Software
(c7600s72033_rp-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 15.2(2)S2, RELEASE SOFTWARE
(fc1)

Thanks for any assistance.

--
Devon