[c-nsp] SFP-GE-T "stuck" in 4500-X

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Fri Mar 8 17:06:08 EST 2013

On 06/03/2013 23:28, CiscoNSP List wrote:
> As per the subject - I have two SFP-GE-T's that I cannot remove from a
> 4500-X (If I install the same SFP's into an ASR, they can be removed
> easily)
>
> Any suggestions on how to remove them from the 4500-X?

I would use a flat-head mini-screwdriver (e.g. 2.0mm) to gently poke at the
release mechanism and caress it out.  Do a couple of test runs on another
(e.g. asr) chassis to make sure you understand how the SFP release
mechanism works first.  Don't strain anything because you can break these
things very easily.

Nick
/me looks sadly at a small selection of broken sfps in the bottom of his
toolbox, caused by getting stuck in badly fitting sockets :-(