[c-nsp] MDT limit on ME3600x?

Waris Sagheer (waris) waris at cisco.com
Sat Mar 9 03:47:47 EST 2013

Hi Adam,
Yes that's correct. ME3600X is an Access platform. For higher scale ME3800X should be used which can support up to 2K MDT tunnels. I have also unicast you a detailed deck for MVPN scale calculation.
Below is the formula to calculate the tunnel,
Formula for computing the MDT-Tunnel usage:-
number of PEs * Number of VRFs +  number of data MDTs.

Best Regards,

[http://www.cisco.com/web/europe/images/email/signature/horizontal06.jpg]

Waris Sagheer
Technical Marketing Manager
Service Provider Access Group
waris at cisco.com<mailto:waris at cisco.com>
Phone: +1 408 853 6682
Mobile: +1 408 835 1389

CCIE - 19901

<http://www.cisco.com/>

[Think before you print.] Think before you print.

For corporate legal information go to: