[c-nsp] nx-os ssh connection startup delay ?

Jeffrey G. Fitzwater jfitz at Princeton.EDU
Mon Mar 11 14:54:45 EDT 2013

The delay is also there with TELNET… I enabled it for testing.

Jeff
On Mar 11, 2013, at 14:31 , Tóth András wrote:

Hi Jeffrey,

As Chuck highlighted this could be due to a delay reaching the AAA server.

I would also try disabling DNS lookups with "no ip domain-lookup" because when SSH is established the reverse record for the IP might be requested causing a delay.

You could also do an ethanalyzer capture in the main vdc in one session while doing an SSH connection to the N7k and check what's happening.

Best regards,
Andras