[c-nsp] BGP neighbor fall-over vs BFD

Adam Vitkovsky adam.vitkovsky at swan.sk
Tue Mar 12 04:01:55 EDT 2013

>the rest of the IBGP has to then wait for your BGP timeout to drop.  Yes,
that is slow.
No you don't need to wait for bgp altogether. You can rely on your fast IGP
to propagate the NH reachability information throughout the AS.
On each router, once the RIB is updated by IGP, RIB will notify BGP to
invalidate the particular NH thanks to BGP next-hop-tracking which is
enabled by default as the session forms.

adam