[c-nsp] Inventory Control

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Mar 12 11:44:04 EDT 2013

On Mar 12, 2013, at 10:27 AM, Jason Lixfeld wrote:

> Observium takes care of hardware inventory for each node it polls.  It also integrates with RANCID.

We mostly parse the data out of RANCID.  The big challenge is that Cisco (IOS-XR) can't seem to keep the inventory working correctly for the entire system.  I've had my most recent case open for over 2 weeks with no progress other than "we can't reproduce".  They finally looked at my device and went "Oh, we see it, but there are no debugs for us to troubleshoot".

Guessing it will be a few more months before someone at Cisco bothers to figure this one out.

- Jared