[c-nsp] Cisco CSR 1000V availability

Alasdair McWilliam ajmcwilliam at me.com
Thu Mar 14 19:38:25 EDT 2013

Got some quite good under-the-hood stuff from Cisco Live about CSR1KV and the primary use case I came up with was MPLSoDMVPN PE to extend a private MPLS infrastructure into a public cloud. Seem to remember the AES perf was up to around 400Mbit/sec range on X86, though I assume ymmv with mpls on top.

Perfect for development / pre-production environments (from my perspective, anyway!)