[c-nsp] entry-level 10gbps for exchange

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Sat Mar 16 04:08:50 EDT 2013

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013, randal k wrote:

> I love 6500s, but their Netflow sucks.

So use that 6500 towards the IX but use optical splitters towards one of
those PCs you were talking about and try to find something that'll look at
the traffic and do netflow export of it (or sFlow).

As far as I can tell, there is no "low cost" product from Cisco that'll do
netflow, full routing table and the rest you probably want. You quickly
end up with ASR9k and alike.

So if you want to lower your cost you need to band-aid solutions together
to achieve the full functionality you really need, and probably skip some
nice-to-have ones.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se