[c-nsp] VSS to vPC - vPC to Etherchannel

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Sat Mar 16 20:53:03 EDT 2013

On 3/16/2013 8:34 PM, Andrew Miehs wrote:
> The cisco documentation recommends static as the recovery times are supposedly faster due to no negotiation. Not really sure if the downsides make up for that though.

Yeah, you can screw up your network much faster that way :)

We had been doing PAgP on Cisco-to-Cisco, but leaning toward LACP today
for anything that supports it.

Only recent issues have been some 12.2 Catalyst IOS's that seem to
"forget" switchport trunk allowed vlans that get changed on the
port-channels and saved (they disappear from the individual interfaces
on a reboot).

Jeff