[c-nsp] Old C2950 Strangness..

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Wed Mar 20 18:39:09 EDT 2013

  I think your right, I did a reset, I got pulled away and need to look at
the conf file, but that was a cute one.   The funny thing is, it was
internal at a client's site, and they really thought the switch had gone
bad, so tossed it in the junk pile and replaced it.   So it wasn't the IT
guy pulling a fast one, so I can only assume someone working at the
location, found the switch, managed to access it, and made the change.

 Oh the fun of idiots getting into your equipment, I must admit, other than
having a Linux kernel version, with a FreeBSD banner, they had me wondering
for a minute as I would have never even considered putting an OS banner on
the login screen of a switch..  LOL

---
Howard Leadmon